Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Flame Tests

I have been trying to make the fire look more cartoony rather than realistic against our stylised background. For the first one I played with the settings and used the toon shader to make it look like this:

I then realised if I could apply the shader then I could also apply a texture to it. This is just using the scroll texture we had been using for backgrounds:

I have then tried using a flame photograph as a texture to see how it looks. I will continue to attempt different shaders or maybe if David could create a flame texture for me so it looks more drawn that would be good. I do think it will look better though. Also the last one is using Dean's improved chicken and fireplace set up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment